Churches

» Show All     «Prev «1 ... 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 70» Next»     » Slide Show

Loading...





St. Matthew, Highfield

St Matthew's was built between 1892 and 1894, and designed by the Lancaster firm of architects, Paley, Austin and Paley. It was paid for by Colonel Henry Blundell-Hollinshead-Blundell, owner of the Pemberton Colliery, in memory of his wife, Beatrice who had died in 1884. The church cost over £10,000 (£990,000 as of 2015).[ The nave and the south aisle were extended to the west in 1909–10 by Austin and Paley. In 1917 a stone reredos, designed by Harry Paley, was installed as a memorial to Colonel Blundell.


File nameSt Matthew Highfield.jpg
File Size37.06k
Dimensions332 x 500
Linked toBaptism; Baptism

» Show All     «Prev «1 ... 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 70» Next»     » Slide Show




Home Page |  What's New |  Most Wanted |  Surnames |  Photos |  Histories |  Documents |  Cemeteries |  Places |  Dates |  Reports |  Sources