Fitzpatrick, Elizabeth

Female 1887 - 1888  (0 years)


Personal Information    |    Media    |    Sources    |    All    |    PDF

  • Name Fitzpatrick, Elizabeth 
    Born 29 Aug 1887  Wigan, Lancashire, England Find all individuals with events at this location 
    Gender Female 
    Baptism 11 Sep 1887  All Saints, Wigan, Lancashire, England Find all individuals with events at this location  [1
    Died Jun 1888  Wigan, Lancashire, England Find all individuals with events at this location  [2
    Person ID I251  Shaw_Family
    Last Modified 20 Jan 2014 

    Father Fitzpatrick, Edward,   b. Jul 1855, Wigan, Lancashire, England Find all individuals with events at this location,   d. May 1909, 6 Moore’s Buildings, Frog Lane, Wigan, Lancashire, England Find all individuals with events at this location  (Age ~ 53 years) 
    Mother Taylor, Elizabeth,   b. 31 Jul 1858, Wigan, Lancashire, England Find all individuals with events at this location,   d. Jan 1929, Orrell, Lancashire, England Find all individuals with events at this location  (Age 70 years) 
    Married 3 Nov 1878  St Catherine’s, Wigan, Lancashire, England Find all individuals with events at this location  [3
    Marriage Documents
    Edward Fitzpatrick & Elizabeth Taylor
    Edward Fitzpatrick & Elizabeth Taylor
    Marriage Certificate
    Edward Fitzpatrick & Elizabeth Taylor
    Edward Fitzpatrick & Elizabeth Taylor
    Marriage
    Family ID F1654  Group Sheet  |  Family Chart

  • Churches
    All Saints Church, Wigan
    All Saints Church, Wigan
    The Parish Church of All Saints is the oldest church in Wigan, but the actual date of its establishment is uncertain. It is possible that the earliest church was built in the time of Edward the Confessor (1042066). It was certainly in existence before 1199 when Ranulf is recorded as being the first known Rector.

    The Parish of Wigan, for many years, covered a large area, including Pemberton, Billinge, Winstanley, Orrell, Upholland, Dalton, Ince, Hindley, Abram, Haigh and Aspull. It covered and area of 29,033 acres, and until the foundation of a chapel at Upholland by Sir Robert de Holland in 1307, Wigan parish Church was the only church in the area.

    Since 1880, Wigan has been in the Diocese of Liverpool, but in previous years it has been part of the dioceses of York, Lichfield and Chester.

    The present building dates from 1845, when the church was rebuilt, very much in the same style as the building it replaced. The work was completed in 1850. However, in 1898-1902 further restoration work was necessary.

    In 1922, the Tower was completely restored. This part of the church had not been rebuilt or restored previously. Further repairs were done at the end of the Second World War, in 1947, and finally completed in 1957. Even more work was undertaken after the Millennium, and the Parish strives constantly to preserve this ancient, beautiful and much-loved building.

  • Sources 
    1. [S487] Baptism.

    2. [S2438] Death.

    3. [S319] Marriage.


Home Page |  What's New |  Most Wanted |  Surnames |  Photos |  Histories |  Documents |  Cemeteries |  Places |  Dates |  Reports |  Sources